Skip to main content

Embroidery Inspiration for your DIY projects

I love embroidery. Thanks to my maternal grandmother and my late mother, I love everything handmade. I have the greatest respect for everything handmade. To me they are all made with great love. I'll add here special selections from Instagram:
View this post on Instagram

Watch HandiWorks on YouTube

A post shared by HandiWorks (@handiworkspage) on

Do you have stash of ribbons? I love them and of course I have few boxes full of variety of ribbons. Check this out, it's so beautiful
View this post on Instagram

ribbon roses

A post shared by HandiWorks (@handiworkspage) on

The following embroidery project reminds me of a gorgeous cross stitch carpet design, suitable to hand on a wall, which my late mother had made. I have no idea which of my siblings has it. I do remember that she ran out of few DMC threads to finish the project. I have looked all over to find what she worked on, but unable to locate yet. This design, however isn't of the shades she used, is in the blue shades range and reminds me of my mother's beautiful project.
Isn't this stitch sampler inspiring?
I find this 1969 embroidery of Christmas tree still so inspiring and timeless
This mini pendants are so inspiring, great to make wearable art:
Check this amazing Armenian embroidery
View this post on Instagram

“Armenia!” is the first major exhibition to explore the remarkable artistic and cultural achievements of the Armenian people over 14 centuries, starting with their conversion to Christianity in the early 4th century through their leading role on international trade routes in the 17th century. More than 140 objects on view include opulent gilded reliquaries, richly illuminated manuscripts, rare textiles, cross stones (khachkars), church models, and printed books. See #MetArmenia now through January 13, 2019 at #TheMet.⁣ ____⁣ Artwork: Altar Frontal. New Julfa, 1741. Gold, silver, and silk threads on silk. Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Armenia. Photo: Hrair Hawk Khatcherian and Lilit Khachatryan

A post shared by The Met (@metmuseum) on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning old CDs into gemstones for jewelry

Variety of Discounts for your DIY creations

 Here is today's special selections for your DIY and creative times: Check out these beautiful stitch markers, knitters would greatly appreciate it and vintage yarn:   Vintage, made in France set of 5 cotton yarn skeins Phildar brand - Phil Eponge 1oz each                       Vintage Black Berroco yarn set at Mercari:  Attention creatives: Variety of classes and courses from photography to workflow, Adobe Photoshop and over 2000 variety of classes. Check it out at:     Do you love designing jewelry? Here is your chance to get further discounts, on already low priced beads and findings:        Here is a set of jewelry findings, use your imagination as to how to add to your creative project: 6 assorted 1” square findings for pendants or other projects.         NOTE: This blog is supported by our users. I get commissions for purchases made through some of the links in this post.

Special discounts on DIY supplies

  The Holidays are fast  approaching, from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's parties and events. As well as special anniversaries, birthdays, milestones. You love creating your own unique designs.  Check out  Pandahall has huge selection of digital products, it's a creative person's heaven for findings and variety of materials. You've got to see the wide selections. Get your special 8% discount.    MIYUKI TILA Beads, Japanese Seed Beads, 2-Hole, (TL1867) Opaque Dark Orchid Luster, 5x5x1.9mm, Hole: 0.8mm, about 1180pcs/100g - $46.06 from: PandaHall